Saturday, November 10, 2007

Continued Working on Dome Circuit at Mike's

Today I went over to Mike's to work on some of the more complicated connections on the dome circuit. Some of these were simply past my current level of soldering competence.

Mike has a really cool stereoscopic microscope, which can come in handy for soldering tiny areas.

It also lets me see what a bad job I did of soldering in glorious detail.

All in all, I soldered about 15% of the complicated portions of the circuit.

Mike soldered 95%. 10% of the 15% I did had to be redone. :)

By the end of the day we tested the circuit in Mike's droid, and the dome rotation part was working!

I still have a little more work to do, like soldering the wires to the switch that enables the circuit, and hooking up a 12-volt ground wire to the ULN2803 for triggering the sounds. I might finish tomorrow if I get some time to work on this.

I also still need to repair the rear PSI, and Harbor Freight has a sale on the winch that I plan to use for the droid lift, so I need to pick that up too.

No comments: