Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Marked Up Inner Dome

With the inner and outer domes now fitting properly, I was able to mark up the inner dome for the cuts it will require.

I traced the various holes with a Sharpie semi-fine tipped pen. I also traced the other panel outlines with a mechanical pencil.



I never knew I could work up a sweat trying to separate the inner and outer domes. It took about twenty minutes, but I finally got them apart so I could see the results of the mark-up.




I'm not sure exactly when I'll get around to cutting the inner dome. I'll probably remove the remaining panels on the outer dome first, and file everything down.

4 comments:

Darth Flan said...

Keep up the informative posts on the Dome Victor, I just got my dome and look forward as I mirror your progress on my dome!

Flan

Victor Franco said...

Will do. Keep in mind this is an R&J dome, not the Daren Murrer 300mm dome. Most of the steps will be the same, but the dome ring differs.

-Victor

Paul said...

Nice work! Will you have all the panels opening up (fire extinguisher, etc) ?

Hey I added your site as a link on my blog. Keep up the good work, I'll try to catch up ;-)

Paul

Victor Franco said...

Thanks Paul. Right now I don't plan to open any of the panels. Among other reasons, I really like being able to rotate the dome around and around without running any wires or gadgets through the body and into the dome.

But who knows, maybe one day?

-Victor