Saturday, September 01, 2007

Recut Door Frame Tops for Center Foot Shell

Today I removed the old pieces of PVC that served as the top of the door frame for each side of the center foot shell, and cut new replacement pieces.

I used the Dremel with the cutoff wheel attachment to cut away the old pieces.



With a little effort, I was able to peel away the pieces.



Next, it was over to the table saw, where I cut some strips from some scrap PVC.



Then it was time for fond remembrances of all the wacky beveled edges on the miter saw. I iteratively trimmed and fit each piece to size.



The test fittings look good. I sprayed some primer on them tonight. Tomorrow and/or Monday I'll glue them in, fill in the seams and then give a final painting.

2 comments:

Russell said...

STEALING PHOTOS OFF VICTORS WEB SITE AGAIN !!

Here I go again. I am about to start building my foot shells and temp wheels, and first I check Victors site, and sure enough there they are...great close up photos of just what I was going to work on myself.... A tip of the lid to ya Victor! Thanks Russell

Victor Franco said...

Happy to help! :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Victor