Sunday, September 02, 2007

Installed and Painted Door Frame Top Pieces for Center Foot Shell

Today I installed the replacement door frame top pieces that I cut yesterday for the center foot shell.

I used my trusty Oatey PVC glue to glue the pieces in place. (Huh. All this time I've been calling it "Oatley." But sure enough, it's Oatey.)

Next, I applied Bondo to fill the small seams.

After the Bondo had dried, I gave the pieces a shot of Rustoleum Satin White. It's been hot and humid here lately, hopefully the paint will be dry and the foot shell ready to install within 24 hours.

I may need to Dremel-out a small amount of material from the bottom of this new piece, but nothing like the gouged-up pieces that these are replacing, and nothing that should show once the doors are in place.

No comments: