Sunday, March 11, 2007

Recut Drivetrain Aluminum Again, Finished Center Door Frame Bottom

Today I visited Kelvin and his band saw yet again, and for the third time I cut the aluminum channel for the drivetrain. This was necessary because the channel in the outer foot shells is about 1/4" longer than the H&A drivetrain spec, so there was a gap between the foot shells and the aluminum. Recutting these channels eliminated that gap.

I also had to recut my motor mounts, because when I drilled the holes on the former motor mount for the screws that hold the motor on, I drilled them too high. I need to drill the holes in these pieces a bit lower this time.

When I got home, I trimmed the bottom piece of the door frame on the center foot using the Dremel. I started with the cutoff wheel, and finished with the sanding drum.

I just need to keep moving forward on these foot shells and the drivetrain. The center foot shell is almost done, the outers aren't far behind.

No comments: