Saturday, December 16, 2006

Painted Blue Areas of Battery Harnesses

I can only paint on the weekends, and of course, it was drizzling today in sunny Southern California. Today was the day to start painting the battery harnesses, so I opened the garage door and gave it my best shot.

I masked the resin parts, and applied the usual Krider formula, starting with Rustoleum Metallic Purple, followed by Duplicolor Anodized Blue.



A final Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel clearcoat, and they're done.



This was something of a milestone. This was the last of the blue that remained to be painted (although I may repaint my dome panels since I'm not completely happy with their appearance). I hope to paint the rest of the battery harnesses and the rear logic surround with Krylon Chrome Aluminum tomorrow.

After that, all that's left to paint are the battery boxes and foot shells, once they are done. Those will all be painted with Rustoleum Satin White.

No comments: