Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Filled Gap in Top of Center Foot Shell

I used some PVC shavings and PVC glue to fill in the small gap at the top of the foot.



In retrospect, I should have done this before last night's sanding since I'll have to sand this again, but I'm just not that bright. Breathing in too many fumes from the PVC glue probably isn't helping either.



Unfortunately, my building schedule is going to be curtailed for the next week or so, so updates will be sparse for a few days. :(

2 comments:

Matt McCormick said...

Hi Victor. Thanks for the detailed posts. This is really nice work. I'm learning a lot.

Are you guys using 1/4" or 1/8" PVC sheet for the pieces of these foot assemblies? It looks like that's working out well. How does that stuff compare in cost to plywood or aluminum? Where are you getting it? Seems like PVC sheet would be a workable and just about ideal material here.

Matt McCormick

Victor Franco said...

Matt,

We're using 1/8" PVC from McMaster-Carr, part #8747K146.

-Victor