Saturday, December 09, 2006

Battery Harness Work, Sanded Top of Center Foot, Prepped Rear Logic Surround

Today I sanded, Bondoed and applied primer to the battery harnesses. It occurred to me after the fact that I may need to drill some of the parts, to install a pin through the hinge at the top. No big deal, though. If I do that, I'll do it before I paint the parts.



I also sanded down the area that I filled last night on the center foot. I need to do one last light pass to fill in pinhole gaps.

Finally, I worked on getting my resin rear logic surround to fit through the corresponding dome hole. I lightly filed the left and right edges of the surround, and eventually it fit.

I cut out a couple of the identical LED patterns I had printed earlier, and taped them together and tried the whole thing out in the dome to see how it looked. It will probably do for now. Obviously I still need to paint the surround silver.




Unfortunately, no planned updates again for a few days, but I hope to be back in the swing of things by mid-week.

No comments: