Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Reseated Ankle Cylinder on Left Leg

Tonight I fixed the left ankle cylinder that had been sitting improperly on the leg, not allowing the cylinder wedge to rest against both the cylinder and the leg.

First I widened the previously drilled holes. Original holes were 1/4" in diameter, I widened them to 5/16". Note that there were already two pairs of holes in the cylinder from my first go-around. I can't even remember why now, but it was probably an error.



Next I globbed some JB Weld onto the 1" long, 1/4" diameter wooden dowels, and shoved them back into the widened holes. This gives them some room to wiggle when I attach this to the matching 1/4" diameter holes in the leg. The JB Weld will dry overnight, locking the dowels into the proper position in the widened hole. That's the theory, at least.



Now the cylinder wedge is rests on the leg and cylinder just like it should. I may need to detach and reglue the cylinder holder to the bottom of the cylinder, since the cylinder moved a bit and now there's a small gap between the cylinder holder and the leg.

No comments: