Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Painted Coin Slots, Sanded Center Foot Doors, Rewired PSIs

Thanks to a day of vacation, I was able to get a few things done.

I started off by painting the coin slots with the usual Krider formula. I carefully masked the front face of each slot, along with most of the base.

I'll let this dry for at least 24 hours before removing the tape. I certainly don't want to peel off any of the paint, so I'll have to go slowly and carefully.

Next, I sanded the PVC crumbs from the doors of the center foot. There is some slight unevenness in the groove, but that should be fixable, if necessary.

The center foot shell is ready for gluing. I just need to psych myself up for it. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Finally, I redid the wiring for the PSIs. The first thing I did was swap out the yellow LED that I burned out yesterday. Then I undid all the wiring, and resoldered and used shrink tubing to get better connections.

The PSIs seem a little brighter to me, which is good. I suspect I had a voltage drop due to poor connections earlier.

Next up, rewiring the front logics.

No comments: