Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fried Yellow PSI LED

Dang. Whatever the opposite of R2-building is, that's what I did tonight.

I was planning to redo my dome wiring this evening. Somehow, some way, I managed to burn up my yellow PSI LED. I really have no idea what went wrong. I was testing the wiring, and I heard a bad sizzle noise as the LED got really bright (and then went permanently dark), culminating with the smell of a burnt electrical component. Quite a sensory experience.

Luckily I have an extra PSI board with extra LEDs. Still, I need to get a replacement sooner or later. Bottom line: If the LED has a yellow tint when there is no power to it, that's a bad sign.

No comments: