Today I started painting the blue area of the booster covers and the silver area of the horseshoes.
Everything started off okay...
...and then I applied the clearcoat. For whatever reason, I got a frosted effect on much of the paint job.
This may be due to: a) a clogged nozzle, b) old clearcoat, c) it's just garbage, d) all of the above, or e) none of the above. I'm not sure which (just like when I used to take tests for real... when in doubt, go with C).
So I'm probably going to lightly sand with a high-numbered grit to see if I can get rid of the frost. Otherwise, I think I'm looking at repainting yet another piece. Grrr.
The silver part of the horseshoes went somewhat better, they don't get a clearcoat.
Tomorrow I plan to paint the rest of the horseshoes white, while I figure out what to do with the booster covers.