Tuesday, March 07, 2006

More Radar Eye Sanding

I can think of no better way to spend a March 7, 2006 evening than in the garage, sanding the back of a resin radar eye on top of my washing machine. Can you?

(As a reminder, the purpose of this is to get the back of the eye to sit flush against the dome surface.)

I was able to even out the 'V' mark I accidentally sanded into the left edge of the eye yesterday, so I think the eye will end up okay. I was sanding for about 3 hours all told tonight, mainly because I didn't scrape off enough inner material off the back of the eye with the Dremel the other day. This took way longer than it should have due to my ineptitude, and I still have another light pass or two with the sand paper to go. But it does look nice this way, with mostly sharp edges now and a tight fit on the dome.


No comments: