Thursday, May 26, 2022

Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022 - Day 1

Today was opening day for Star Wars Celebration 2022 in Anaheim CA. After a two year wait, fans were finally able to visit.

I took a quick tour of the droid room. I heard that we had 168 droids of all kinds in the room. My droid was stationed toward the end of the room maze, the first R2-D2 on the left below. It was joined by Naila Browne's BB-8, Michael Steckel's R2-Y4, and William Miyamoto's Chopper and R2-D2.



Here are some of the other droids that lined up to greet visitors.



At 11am we had our panel on how to build a Star Wars droid. We were going up against the Lucasfilm Studio Showcase, so I wasn't expecting a big crowd, but we didn't do too badly. I moderated, with panelists Michael McMaster, Mike Senna, Cary Christie, and Kris Sanders.



After that, I mainly wandered the show floor with various buddies. One of the coolest things I came across was an original X-Wing prop that will be auctioned by The Prop Store. It's believed to be the only fully intact X-Wing from the original movie.



I'd been eyeing the Dewback refrigerator magnet (shown toward the upper left) by Regal Robot. Should I get it??



I guess I should.



Day 1 is in the books. I'd better rest up, day 2 promises to be even busier.

No comments: