Saturday, July 24, 2021

Foot Shell Repairs

R2 sustained some minor damage to his PVC footshells at this past Wednesday's Dodger game, so I finally got around to the repairs today. I had left him in the Droidmobile, in order to use the crane to pick him up so I could remove his right foot to remove the foot shell.



I was actually responsible for some of this damage. It's hard to tell from the picture, but an entire strip is missing from the bottom of the shell (which is actually on top in the picture below), because I accidentally spun R2 around into my foot as we were quickly leaving the center field plaza area to make our way to the media room. In the process, a strip snapped off, so I collected it so I could glue it back. I'm not sure if I was responsible for the other cracks, or if I had some help from the hundreds of fans that were taking pictures with R2, but everything got glued back together.



The left foot shell's door also sustained some minor damage, as one of the two nails and pivot sticks went missing. I think someone got their foot caught under R2's left foot shell as they were getting their picture taken, and when they went to step away, they snagged their foot under the shell and caused the door to jam into the door frame, and the piece got pried off and lost. Luckily, it's very easy to replicate. Just a small PVC stick and a nail that needs to be cut to size.



I didn't take a picture of the results, but it's pretty much as good-as-14-years-old.

No comments: