Monday, June 07, 2021

New Transmitter/Receiver for Droid #1

Today droid #1 received a new gift in the mail, a Futaba 14SG transmitter and R7008SB receiver.



Back in 2007, I purchased droid #1's initial transmitter, a Futaba T9CAP. This radio had a 75MHz, FM-based transmitter. I later purchased a 2.4GHz conversion kit for it, but that conversion kit did not support fail-safe settings on all channels (only channel 3, throttle on an R/C plane). I later purchased a Futaba 10CAG transmitter and associated receiver, and I've been using that for droid #1, while the T9CAP was passed on to droid #2. I decided that I wanted both droids to have full fail-safe capabilities on all channels, plus I wanted a more modern transmitter, so I purchased the 14SG.



I'll work on getting this installed on droid #1 soon.

No comments: