Saturday, May 04, 2019

Recut Left Foot Ankle Lock

Some minimal building activity today, I recut the ankle lock used to keep R2's left foot from flopping around when he pivots.

The ankle locks are made from a cutting board. I traced the old ankle lock, only I added a little bit of height for the new one. The old one had a tendency to spin in place, so I wanted to make the new one slightly taller, to not allow it room to spin on the screw that secures it to the leg.




I used a hacksaw to cut the piece out. That took all of about 8 seconds.



And finally, I drilled the hole for the screw that will secure it to the leg.



And then... I forgot to take a picture of it installed on the leg. Well, you can get a good idea of all this from the original blog posting back in 2007.

No comments: