Lots of progress this evening on the utility arm mystery project.
I finally was able to prime and paint the styrene glove.
First I used Rustoleum white primer.
That was followed by some of my dwindling supply of Rustoleum Metallic Purple.
Then, Duplicolor Anodized Blue.
I followed that with a clearcoat, that looks pretty darn similar. As I let that dry for a day or two, I returned to the Arduino effort.
I soldered the wire I cut from the power adapter the other night to a monophonic audio plug. This way I can connect the Arduino power to the plug I usually used for the solenoid for the mist effect, and turn off and on the Arduino board with switch #14 on my Keycoder on my transmitter.
I then loosely hooked things up to test on the droid.
I iteratively adjusted the speed, start and stop positions of the arm.
I pretty much got it working the way I want, where the arm waves back and forth slowly, and it alternates at two different slow speeds. I may make some minor tweaks, but so far so good.
I will post some video of this in action soon. Either way, the mystery will be revealed shortly. As if anyone is reading this and cares.