Dragging my feet on working on the foot shells for droid #2. (There must be a pun in there somewhere.)
The little window strips at the bottom of these aluminum foot shells don't have a backing strip behind them.
So I picked up three pieces of 3'x1/2"x1/16" aluminum bar to solve that problem. I cut eight pieces to size for the two feet.
These should work nicely.
I surprised myself by not being too lazy to JB Weld the first strip in place. I used a toothpick to apply the JB Weld to the foot shell side.
I clamped the first strip in place, and cleaned up any excess JB Weld with a toothpick and a moist paper towel.
At the rate I'm going, this may take a while.