Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cut Center Foot Door Openings for Droid #2

Time to get back to work on the aluminum foot shells for droid #2, at least for a little bit. Today, it was cutting the side doors out for the center foot shell.

I traced where the door is supposed to go, and then marked parallel lines about 1/8" inset from the door outline, and used that as the place to cut. This way, the door will have something to rest upon.

Naturally, I used the Dremel with the cutoff wheel attachment.

Getting there.

There really isn't any need to cut the curved corners at the bottom, so I just took a shortcut.

I finished the cuts with a hacksaw blade.

All done, for now at least. I filed and sanded the edges smooth.

I may need to remove a little more material toward the center of the top edge of one side, to allow the ankle bolt to slide in and out of its hole. I'll deal with that if and when the time comes.

No comments: