Saturday, November 16, 2013

Droid Engineering Talk at the Orange Library with Mike

Today Mike Senna and I brought our droids out for the Orange Public Library's Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math series of talks. Mike brought WALL•E and I brought R2.



It was reasonably well-attended, even my parents showed up, which is a rarity for my events.



I started the talk with the R2 side of things, explaining tools and materials that are typically used in building a droid, and going on to electronics and portions of the build itself.




Once I was done, I turned the presentation over to Mike, where he explained how he went about the 100% scratch-build of WALL•E. Mike even took apart WALL•E down to the skeletal infrastructure.





The 90 minute presentation went well, and it seemed to be very well received. Thanks to Ryan at the library for inviting us out!

No comments: