Time to clean up the R5-D4 dome a little bit. In my workings with the dome, it's become a bit grimy, scratched and chipped in places, so I decided to apply a mist coat of paint.
I contacted the builder who produced the dome, and he let me know that the paint is Rustoleum Semi-Glosss White, so I picked up a can. I masked the red pinstriping and red panels on the top, to protect them from the mist coat of paint.
I didn't need to apply a lot of paint, just enough to cover those areas where the paint had been affected by the dome work I'd been doing.
After about an hour, I removed the masking tape. Looking better.
I'll let this dry for at least a couple of days, and then start putting everything back together again.