Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Made Backstops for Utility Arms

Tonight I cut out some segments of MDF that serve as "backstops" to keep the utility arms from rotating into the body when they close.

All I need are some small rectangles of MDF of the proper height. I placed a piece of scrap MDF on the horizontal ribs just below where the arms meet the skins, and marked where to cut.

And cut I did.

I cut a second small segment of MDF, and rested it upon the first segment.

With the arm closed such that it was flush with the skins, from the back I marked where to glue down the MDF segment.

And glue I did.

Soon I will paint these black, and glue them onto the frame.

No comments: