Monday, January 10, 2011

Minor Resin Eye Repair

Tonight I went about fixing the spot of Evercoat that I accidentally dislodged from a corner of the resin eye yesterday while cleaning the paint off.

Instead of using Evercoat again, I've decided to use styrene, model glue and Pro Weld to fill this bubble hole.

I cut a small corner of styrene, and melted it into a semi-gooey blob, using Testors model glue and Ambroid Pro Weld. Both melt styrene.

I used a toothpick to apply the blob to the void.

Once the blob had dried, I used a combination of a small file and sand paper to sand it smooth.

Good as mediocre.

Sometime soon I will try to do a better job of preparing the eye for repainting, starting with cleaning and priming again.

No comments: