Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Done with Second Outer Foot Shell Filling

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Here's hoping that I am done with the Evercoat on the second outer foot shell. Let's see what the primer has to say.



"Maybe."

There is a little unevenness along one of the outer edges.



There is a very minor divot on the top as well.



I determined that the unevenness on the side is due to too much Evercoat, and this can simply be sanded down. I also decided that the small divot on the top can be filled with primer. I sanded both areas.



Then I hit them with primer once again. The side area looks good.



I had sanded the primer and primed again up on top, making a bit of a mess, since I didn't let the first coat dry sufficiently before applying the second coat.



I'll let this dry overnight, lightly sand and reprime tomorrow, and then hopefully all the foot shell prep work will be done(!).

No comments: