Saturday, April 03, 2010

Glued Top Pieces for Second Outer Foot Shell

Today I glued the two top pieces for the second outer foot shell.

As usual, I applied the Testors glue to the low parts of the edges. I stacked blocks of wood to support the piece, and used a very thin strip of wood and a portion of a paper towel folded in half to get the height just right.

Once that had dried, it was time to glue the smaller top piece in place. Unlike the larger top piece, the side piece that meets up with the small top piece does not meet at a 90 degree angle, so I used tape to help keep the edges together.

All done.

I didn't have time to get any other work done, but hopefully I can make more progress tomorrow.

No comments: