Sunday, February 14, 2010

Primer for Bottom of Frame

The weather has been particularly nice here this weekend, so I decided to take the opportunity to apply primer to the bottom of the frame. I had to pull all the parts and skins off droid #2 first. Hopefully I won't have to do that too many more times.

The underside of the droid doesn't really get seen (unless you are less than a foot tall), and even then the skirt covers most of it, but it does need painting.

I masked the t-nuts that help secure the center leg assembly. I use gray primer when preparing for white paint, so that I can distinguish the primer from the paint. Others use white primer, and I can't argue much with that approach either.



I applied three coats. I'll lightly sand tomorrow, and hopefully it'll be ready for painting.

No comments: