Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sanded Down First Set of Pocket Protectors, Glued in Second Set

Tonight I sanded down the MDF pocket liners that I glued down yesterday, and installed the second set.

I started with coarse sandpaper to remove a lot of material in a short amount of time.



"Well, switch my grits!" As I got closer to the surface of the leg, I switched to 220 grit.



400 grit finishes the job.



Same thing with the other leg.




Once the sanding was done, I turned to gluing in the MDF inserts on the other side of each leg. The inserts are cut close to the proper size, but some sanding is required to get a correct fit.



Once a test-fit of all the pieces looks good, it's time to glue them in.





Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to sand these down, and then I'll need to give them the once-over with Evercoat to fill small gaps and seams.

By the way, I did consider painting these before gluing, but I figured that I'd probably mess up the paint job during the installation process, so I decided I'll paint them later.

No comments: