Thursday, May 08, 2008

Repaired Utility Arm Post

Tonight I made a minor repair to one of the utility arms.

The other day while painting, I inadvertently twisted the rod that supports the opening and closing of the utility arm, such that it came out of the resin arm.



After gouging out a very small amount of resin in the hole in the arm, I applied some JB Weld to a toothpick and globbed some in the hole. I then covered the end of the segment of rod with some additional JB Weld.



I jammed it in there, and cleaned up the excess JB Weld that oozed out, as best I could.



I'll let it cure for 24 hours and see how it goes. Should be good as new. If so, I'll start reinstalling the arms soon.

2 comments:

Calvin Thomas said...

Victor,
Just incase that does'nt hold,
I've been using Amazing Goop and I tell you this stuff is the best I've ever used.
I have'nt tried it on resin yet, But I've used it on just about everything else.
Calvin

Victor Franco said...

Thanks for the tip, Calvin. I'll give that a try if the JB Weld doesn't hold. I already have some, in fact.

-Victor