Saturday, May 19, 2007

Glued in Cylinder Holders, Built Manual Droid Lift, Reattached Rear Coin Return

Today was supposed to be the day I crossed the finish line with R2, but I hit a small stumble. More on that in a moment.

In the morning I glued the cylinder holders in place with silicone. They seem to be holding well.



During the day, I built the "manual droid lift." This consists of pipe, pipe connector, U-bolts and bars. The idea is to hook two U-bolts around the main leg pipe in body, attach that to a couple of bars on one end, and then have a pipe at the top that runs above R2, attached with two more U-bolts to the bar. He can then be lifted by two people, into a van for example.



Unfortunately, as I was fitting the droid lift onto R2, I dropped one of the U-bolts, and it whacked the right rear coin return from behind and knocked it clean out of the back door. I applied JB Weld and reattached the coin return, and by morning it should be good.



Tomorrow is R2's big day. I'll have more to say about that soon.

No comments: