Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Finished Battery Box Door Holders, Hacked on Chain

Ah, sweet pity, where would I be without you?

Matthew Henricks and Mike Senna have kindly offered to help with the center foot; Matthew can help with the plywood, and Mike will help make sure that attempt #3 is correct.

In the meantime, I finished the battery box door holders. First, I reattached the battery box doors, and drilled four holes in the corners of each, using a drill bit just slightly smaller than a #4 screw. The hole goes through both the door and the holder underneath the door.

Then I re-drilled the door only, with a 0.113" drill bit, just slightly larger than a #4 screw. After that, I countersunk the four holes in each door.

Then I inserted the #4 screw. The screw self-taps into the PVC holder. Things are looking good, the doors hold right in place.

I tried working on the chain again with my chain unlinking tool, but all I managed to do was pop the pin half way out, and otherwise mangle the link. I'll tell you one thing, I have no fear of the chain breaking when R2 is driving around. I guess I'll try the Dremel next.

No comments: