Thursday, March 29, 2007

Worked on Center Foot

Not a whole lot of progress tonight.

I am deviating slightly from the original design of the center foot. I'm going to sink the sides that form the channel into the the base, rather than use supports. This allows me to stack two layers of 1/2" plywood above the casters without having the foot wind up being too tall.

First I made a couple of parallel dado cuts, 1/4" deep and 1" apart.

Then I trimmed the base to size. At least I hope I did, I'm a little worried I may have overdone it on the trim, but I'm still working on fitting it into the shell.

I also widened the channel gap in the right foot shell, so the tip of the ankle can fit through now.

Like I said, not much progress.

No comments: