Thursday, May 11, 2006

Stripped Paint from Front Vent Skin

I went a little bit backwards today.

I've placed the aluminum part of the skin that surrounds the front vents on and off so many times, the paint was starting to chip and look bad. So I decided to bite the bullet and strip the paint off with acetone, and I'll repaint it this weekend. Most of the primer stayed on, which probably speaks well of the primer (Rustoleum white primer).

The bottom vent needs to move forward just slightly, and I'll need to keep testing placement of this part of the skin while adjusting the vent placement, so this way I don't have to worry about scratching more paint off, knowing I'm going to repaint it anyway.

I sanded down the metal somewhat on the inside of the ovals, so they won't rub up against the vent surrounds so much when I place this piece back on.

No comments: