Monday, May 29, 2006

Booster Cover Slot Work, Trimmed Utility Arm Rods

Once again I didn't get a whole lot done, due to other activities during the day.

I've been going back and forth as to how I want the slots in the booster cover tops to look. Originally I was going to leave them empty, but that's not what the blueprints call for (nor is it how R2 really looks). I finally decided today to fill in the slots the way the blueprints specify, so I cut some MDF and sanded it to size. Then I hit it all with another coat of primer, in preparation for painting. I can't really do much more with these pieces until the paint is dry, and I glue the bases back onto them.

Later, I measured, marked and rough-cut the utility arm rods, and then iteratively test fitted and fine-sanded them to size.

I don't think I'll have a chance to do any building tomorrow (Tuesday).

No comments: