Thursday, March 30, 2006

More Eye Primer, Dome Ring Work, Redid LDP

This morning I added another coat of primer to the eye, lightly sanded, and then added a final coat.

In the evening I took three bites out of the top of the dome ring, using the Dremel. These areas will provide clearance for the front holoprojector, PSI and logic display. I also spun the ring around on the bearing and lightly sanded the bottom half of the ring with 220 grit sandpaper to give it a brushed-metal look. (Yet another idea borrowed from Mike Senna.)

Lastly, I (purposefully) busted apart my aluminum large data port, because it seemed slightly lopsided to me. So I rebonded it with JB Qwik, and hopefully it will look more even now.

No comments: