Sunday, March 19, 2006

Dome Drilling & Primer, Paint Test

I drilled the holes for the screws that will fasten the resin surround for the large logic display (LEDs in the back of the dome). I also widened up a bit some of the holes that I had cut earlier in the week to allow some slop for when the inner and outer domes are glued together.

Next I masked the rear PSI area (perfect circle hole) and applied three coats of primer. I also did a couple more blue paint tests, one with two coats of purple followed by two coats of blue followed by two clearcoats, the other with one coat of purple followed by one coat of blue followed by two clearcoats. I think I like the 1-1-2 combo the best, so that's what I'll probably go with for the whole droid.

No comments: