Sunday, January 01, 2006

Cut Gas Pipe, Dremeled Back Panel

I started off today by cutting the gas pipe that connects the legs to size, using a jigsaw and a really nasty blade.

Then I gave the legs a test fit, which seemed to indicate success.

Next I marked up the center leg rails for drilling, but until I can get access to a drill press, I'll hold off on those.

Finally, I Dremeled out the back door panel of the inner skin. Frankly, I was surprised how straight I cut the skins here.

I sanded the sharp edges down afterward.

Well, vacation is over, and I didn't get as far as I had hoped, but I guess I'm not too surprised. I'll get this droid on three legs sometime soon.

No comments: