Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Paint Tests, JB Welded & Cut Styrene

I tried a couple of paint tests, of both R2 blue and white. For blue, I used Kelly Krider's famous formula (primer, Rustoleum Metallic Purple, DupliColor Anodized Blue, and Rustoleum Crystal Clear clearcoat, in that order). For white, I used the Rustoleum primer instead of the Brite Touch, and Rustoleum Satin White (same as earlier). I need to wait for both to dry to assess the results.



Next I had my first experience with JB Weld, even though I bought the stuff way back on May 29, 2005. I JB Welded one of the back door panels to its outline. I'm only JB Welding the back door parts, to allow for potential autographs on the inside of the back door.



At the end of the day I cut out some styrene to cover the exposed areas of the frame, on the right and left-bottom sides.



I also made a couple of trips to Home Depot and a trip to Rockler to pick up various parts (screws, rails for the center leg, casters for the center foot).

No comments: