Sunday, May 29, 2022

Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022 - Day 4

Today was the fourth and final day of Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022.

I present lots of random pictures, offered with little comment.



Cary Christie's totally cool creation.



Everyone loves baby Yoda!



There were three baby Yodas/Grogus wandering the hallway outside our builders room, built by Paul Thompson, William Miyamoto, and Tim O'Sullivan. Tim gave a talk on how he built his, and passed around some of the prototype materials.



Michael McMaster's full-sized Imperial Probe Droid was a huge hit at the show. The arms and head are animated, and it performs the sounds as well. Best of all, the entire stand can drive around, and I was even able to drive it for a short while!



As we stopped, Michael was able to have a quick chat with C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels. Michael mentioned Chris Lee's animatronic C-3PO in our builders room, and Anthony made a quick trip up to check it out.



A couple of my former coworkers, including Xin Liu, stopped by our room, so I showed them around.



Around 5pm, it was time for the builders room to close, and we started tearing down all the displays.



As Paul Thompson was taking apart his area, he asked me to hold his Ugnaut head. It could be argued that this is an improvement.



A short time later, the droids made a procession to the elevator, and the convention was over.



After several minutes of playing Droidmobile Tetris, I finally had my car loaded, and headed on home.



The best part of the Star Wars Celebration conventions is meeting up with old friends and making new ones. I don't know when I'll be able to attend my next one, but I do know I'm looking forward to it when I do.

No comments: