Monday, July 25, 2005

Marked Up Leg Template & Rough Cut

Meticulously drew up the leg outline on 1/4" Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) from full-sized blueprints. First I went back to Reprodox, where I originally got the leg blueprints printed, to have copies made of them so I could trace on them ($14.00 for two sheets copied). Then I went to Jo-Ann's (for the first and last time in my life) to get some trace paper (used for sewing). Placed trace paper on MDF, and then the blueprint on top of that. With the blueprint copy being held down by thumbtacks, and using a straight-edge and compass as necessary, I traced with pencil over the blueprint copy. This resulted in an outline on the MDF. Went back over the outline on the MDF again with a pencil, straight-edge and compass, and solidified and extended the outline as needed. Finally did a rough-cut with a jig-saw in preparation for trimming down tomorrow.


No comments: