In the morning I decided to wet-sand all the panels that I had clearcoated yesterday. This was because I felt yesterday's application was a bit uneven, and I wanted to smooth out any rough spots. (The black strip is the wet sandpaper.)
Ok, here are my first two guinea pigs. Let's see how this goes.
Much better. That's more like it!
I had to suffer through clearcoating about 36 of these panels, so you get to too. (Some may look like repeats, but that's because it's two droids-worth.)
Best of all, the snakeskin patten was successfully eradicated, as seen above on the dome pie panels, and here on the radar eye for droid #2.
I'm very happy with how these turned out.
Next I will need to remove all the old 3M Very High Bond tape that is still on the dome and replace it with new tape, in order to affix the panels once again. With any luck I'll finish that tomorrow. Hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment