Sunday, April 28, 2024

Main Power Switch Solder Joint Repair at Mike's

Today I took droid #1 over to Mike Senna's house to have him kindly resolder the connection from the main power switch to the negative bus bar. Yesterday I experienced a failure of that solder joint, and rather than possibly trigger the same failure in the future, I decided to ask Mike to do the solder job, as I trust his solder joints for heavy duty applications.

Time to break out the big (solder) guns.



I unscrewed the switch from inside the droid, and fed it down through the skirt. That loose black wire is hanging to the right, above the ankle cylinder.



It took Mike all of one minute to do the repair.



It's dark in there, but the repair is on the lower right.



R2 was up and running again, like his old self. I took him home and he's a happy droid. Thanks to Mike for the help.



No comments: