Monday, April 03, 2023

Started Work on On/Off/Dimmer Switch for R5 Dome Lights

I recently purchased some 10Kohm potentiometers, and I started working on one of them to control the LEDs for the R5 dome lights I recently installed.

The potentiometers come with a slot that accepts a screw driver or knob, but I had other plans. I want to have a screw fit in the slot, which means I need to modify the screw. The first step is cutting the head off of a 10-32 screw.



Next, I put it in a vise so that I could use a Dremel cutoff wheel to trim material off in order for it to fit into the slot in the potentiometer.



Next, I slathered some JB Weld into the slot on the potentiometer.



I then pressed the screw into place in the potentiometer slot.



Once the JB Weld had cured sufficiently, I used the potentiometer as a template for drilling a segment of PVC onto which I will mount the potentiometer in the dome.



I'll work on getting this installed in the dome soon.

No comments: