Friday, December 16, 2022

KABC-TV Spark of Love Toy Drive - 2022

Tonight R2 participated in the annual KABC-TV Spark of Love Toy Drive.



R2 was joined by members of the 501st and Rebel Legions. I brought R2 out for the 3rd shift, which ran from 3:00pm-6:30pm, but some folks had been there since before the first shift, which had a call time of 4:00am(!).



This year's event in Orange County, CA was held in the Red Robin parking lot in Santa Ana, just north of South Coast Plaza. If I'm not mistaken, Covid put this event on hiatus for a couple of years, so it was good to be back.



Our cameraman Edgar is also a member of the 501st. In fact, our appearances at these events inspired him to join. Jessica De Nova reported/hosted the shift.



I tried to stay off camera as best I could, but every once in a while I ended up in the shot, in my tell-tale blue sweater.



In all, over 10 busses were filled with toys. They ran out of busses, and had to use other vehicles.



I'm always happy to do this event, and I hope to be back next year.

No comments: