Thursday, June 10, 2021

Installed New Receiver in Droid #1

Today I installed the new Futaba R7008SB receiver on droid #1, to go along with the new 14SG transmitter. This meant pulling out the old R6014HS receiver.



For whatever reason, I use Velcro to mount my receivers, so the new receiver needed some Velcro applied to the back.

And, in it goes. Its footprint is somewhat smaller that its predecessor's. (I wrote "predecessor" because I was too lazy to retype R7008SB. Except I just typed that, and more. Plus, predecessor has more characters than R7008SB.)



Likewise, I swapped out the old R6008HS receiver (that does not support fail-safe settings on all channels) on the electronics panel on droid #2. That receiver will go into retirement. I swapped in the "predecessor" from droid #1.

I still need to attach Mike Senna's Switch 15 box that I use to trigger sounds and other functions on droid #1. This gets Velcroed to the bottom of the transmitter. The battery cover is on the bottom of the transmitter as well, but that's ok. I will simply slide the Switch 15 box to remove the battery cover.

Just a bit more work to do.

No comments: