Monday, March 15, 2021

Unclipped Second Set of R5-D4 Panels, Started Filing and Sanding Tips of Utility Arms for Droid #2

The silicone had cured for the second set of front R5-D4 skin panels for droid #2, so I was able to unclip them.



Next, my least favorite part of utility arm preparation, filing off some of the claw part of the arm, so that it can swing open and shut, through the holes in the skins. I wish that all utility arms came with this already done, but they don't.

I marked up the arm and started filing.



Every once in a while I'd take the arm to the droid to see how close the arm was to being able to pivot into and out of the skins. Still a little more to do.



Eek, I went further than I intended to on this area.



Luckily, none of that is visible on the front face of the arm. Still, I need to be more careful. That's as good and excuse as any to call it quits for tonight.

No comments: