Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Filed and Sanded Bottom R5-D4 Utility Arm, Cut Pivot Rods for Droid #2

More filing and sanding, this time for the bottom R5-D4 utility arm for droid #2. I'll spare you most of the tedium and just show a couple pics.



Next, I worked on cutting the pivot rods for the utility arms. I sized up how long they need to be by using the blue arms as a guide.



I cut the rod to size.



And repeated for the other arm.



I filed flat spots on the pivot rods, for drilling a small hole.



And drilled holes in the pivot rods. These holes are for if/when I attach a servo motor to the frame to open and close the arms, like I have in droid #1. The servo horn would use a paper clip that goes through the holes to pivot the arms open and closed.



Soon I plan to drill the ends of the arms to accommodate the pivot rods.

No comments: