Friday, March 12, 2021

Drilled R5-D4 Utility Arm Pivot Points for Droid #2, Unclipped Panels

This evening I drilled the pivot points in the R5-D4 utility arms for droid #2.

The hole will end up being 3/16" in diameter, but I wanted to start by drilling a smaller 1/8"-sized hole, just to make sure things were starting off centered.



That looks pretty good.



I did the same for the other arm.



I then drilled with the full sized 3/16" bit.



I did a loose test-fit in the droid. Nothing is tightened down (thus the downward tilt), and the arm can slide up and down on the pivot rod, but I wanted to make sure things were basically ok. I think they are.



I drilled the other utility arm with the 3/16" bit and tried it out in the droid too, with similar results.



The last order of business was to undo the binder clips that were holding together the framed panel to the red panel as the silicone adhesive cured. The two are holding securely!

No comments: