Saturday, December 07, 2019

Hillsides Holiday Visit - 2019

Today R2 paid his second visit of the year to Hillsides, a group home for children who cannot live at home (for various unfortunate reasons). We were joined by many members of the various Star Wars costuming clubs, and each of us brought at least one wrapped Star Wars action figure for the young residents (I bought four).

It was raining very lightly when I arrived around 12:05pm. Where most of the characters were going to march into the room to surprise the kids, I didn't want R2 hanging around outside in the rain. So I did what I usually do when I have to hide him in plain sight, I put a box on his head and a large sheet over him.




Around 1:30pm, the procession of characters started, and the visit with the kids was on.



We aren't allowed to take pictures with the residents, but during the visit each one of them got to pick a character to receive a gift from. R2 was chosen several times (and he did have a droid action figure to give).

After the residents left, we got a group picture before we wrapped up.



This is always a meaningful visit, and it's appreciated by the staff and residents.

No comments: