Wednesday, July 03, 2019

CHOC Summer Visit - 2019

Today R2 joined several members of the 501st Garrison for a visit to CHOC, to bring some Star Wars fun to the young patients there.



We did room-to-room (and occasional hallway) visits. As usual, no pictures with the young patients, but they were happy to see us.





About 2/3 into our visit, R2 started acting squirrely, in that his left foot motor was having trouble running. When I got home, I tried swapping several components - batteries, speed controller, transmitter, receiver, and I bypassed the solid state relay kill switch, but nothing seemed to resolve the problem. This lead me to believe the problem was either the motor itself, or the drivetrain.

I didn't have time to look into the problem further, as I had to get ready for Star Wars Night at Dodger Stadium. Given the state droid #1 was in, I would have to press droid #2 into service. #2, you're up!

No comments: